Game Date: January 29 & 30, 2016
Game Location: 6pm, PAC
The University of Saskatchewan Huskie women's volleyball team will look to get back in the win column when they host the MacEwan University Griffins this weekend at the PAC.
- Neither team is currently ranked in the CIS Top 10. Four Canada West teams are represented in the polls as UBCO (T-No. 1), Trinity Western (T-No. 1), Alberta (No. 4), and UBC (No. 7) are all featured in this week's poll.
- After a pair of losses to Mount Royal last weekend the Huskies now sit two points out of the last playoff spot behind Calgary and Mount Royal.
- It is the first visit to the PAC by the MacEwan Griffins in Canada West conference play.
- Huskie libero Jennifer Hueser leads the Canada West in digs and digs per set with 263 and 3.81 respectively.
- Huskie outside hitter Emmalyn Copping is third in the conference with 223 total kills this season. Huskie middle Emily Humbert is fourth in the Canada West with a .309 hitting percentage.
The Huskies are 0-2 all-time against MacEwan in conference play having lost the two meetings in Edmonton last season in the Griffins inaugural Canada West campaign.
MACEWAN UNIVERSITY GRIFFINS (4-12)
The MacEwan University Griffins make their first ever Canada West regular season appearance at the PAC this weekend.
MacEwan is currently 11th in the conference standings after dropping a pair of games to the Calgary Dinos on the road last weekend. The Griffins have lost 10 of their last 11 matches heading into the weekend.
Cassidy Kinsella leads the Griffins offense with 3.34 kills per set this season. The outside hitter is also tied for the team lead with 147 digs. Claire McLoughlin has recorded a team high 15 service aces.
As a team, MacEwan is eighth in blocks per set at 1.93, 10th in kills per set with 10.57, and 11th in hitting percentage at .128.
UNIVERSITY OF SASKATCHEWAN HUSKIES (7-11)
The Saskatchewan Huskies will look to turn things around in 2016, hosting the Griffins this weekend.
Saskatchewan has dropped five of its six matches in 2016 after ending off the 2015 portion of the schedule with four straight wins.
After a pair of losses to the Mount Royal Cougars last weekend, the Huskies fell out of a playoff spot, to eighth in the standings. Saskatchewan now trails the Cougars and the Calgary Dinos by two points for sixth and seventh.
A trio of Huskies are moving up the Canada West statistical leaderboards. Libero Jennifer Hueser leads the conference in digs 263 and digs per set at 3.81. Outside hitter Emmalyn Copping is currenty third in the league in kills with 233, while middle blocker Emily Humbert is fourth in hitting percentage at .309.
As a team, Saskatchewan is fifth in the conference in kills per set with 11.86. The Huskies are third with 13.47 digs per set and rank 10th in hitting percentage at .136.