Game 2 Information
Date Sunday, Oct. 9
Time 12 p.m.
Location Saskatoon, SK
Venue Field 7 in PotashCorp Park
Series ('01) SSK Leads 19-3-4
Current Streak SSK W 5
Last Meeting Oct. 11, 2015
REG 0 @ SSK 4
**Note: SSK @ REG Friday Oct. 7, 2016
- The Huskies enter the weekend having lost just once in their last five matches.
- Fifth-year midfielder Erica Hindmarsh leads the team in goals (3), assists (4) and points (7).
- Saskatchewan has won five straight meetings with the Cougars dating back to Regina's last win in the series, a 2-1 Shootout win on Oct. 28, 2012 in a Canada West quarter-final.
- The Huskies last home loss to Regin was Oct. 25, 2004.
- Both teams are still in the playoff hunt with six games to go. The Huskies sit third with 13 points, just three points back of MacEwan for second spot. Regina is currently fifth with eight points, two back of Manitoba in fourth.
By The Numbers
6 - With just 6 games remaining on the conference schedule the Huskies are in search of a top spot in the division.
11 - The Huskies have won the last 11 matches in Saskatoon against Regina.
42 - Fifth-year striker Erica Hindmarsh has 42 points in her Huskie career, trailing the all-time record by just 10.
4,220 - Thanks to the support of Huskie Nation the team was able to raise $4,220 last weekend to donate to cancer research in their Play For A Cure Game.
Scouting The Cougars
The Cougars rank 13th in the Canada West with just three goals scored on the season. While the have struggled to score, Regina has defended well, allowing just six goals against. Their six allowed goals is fifth fewest in the conference.
Sienne Krynowsky, Karlee Vorrieter and Brianna Wright are the goal scorers for the Cougars this season.
Backstopping Regina is keeper Ashton Lowry. Lowry has started all eight matches posting 38 saves (.905 SV%) and three shutouts, while allowing just four goals.