Best-of-Three Quarter-final Series
Date Thu/Fri/(Sat), Feb. 23/24/(25)
Time 6:30/6:30/(2) p.m.
Location Saskatoon, SK
Venue ....Ron & Jane Graham Centre Court at the PAC
Series ('05) SSK Leads 10-6
Current Streak UFV W1
Last Meeting Nov. 5, 2016
SSK 48 @ UFV 59
- This weekend marks the third time the two schools have matched up in the postseason.
- UFV won a CIS bronze medal game in 2014 after the Huskies knocked off the Cascades in the conference final four in the same season. UFV also won a 2013 Canada West Quarter-final series at home against the Huskies.
- This weekend's series runs Thursday to Saturday (if Game 3 is neccessary).
- Saskatchewan finished first in the RPI standings earning hosting duties throughout the playoffs.
- It's Pots and Pans-demonium this weekend! Fans are encouraged to bring their pots and pans (and something to bang on them with) to the PAC this weekend to make some noise for the Huskies!
By The Numbers
.6095 - The Huskies final RPI calculation of .6095 was enough to finish first in the Canada West standings and enjoy hosting duties throughout the conference postseason.
6 - The Huskies are a perfect 6-0 at home all-time against the Cascades.
11 - Saskatchewan has been on a tear in 2017 winning 11 of its 12 games.
70.3 - The Huskies finished the season with a +11 scoring margin after averaging 70.3 points per game while allowing just 59.3.
Scouting The Cascades
- UFV lost its postseason opener 67-48 to Calgary, but rebounded for back-to-back home wins of 61-59 and 69-60 to advance to the quarter-finals.
- As a team the Cascades hold opponents to the second lowest shooting percentage in the Canada West at 33.5 percent.
- Kayli Sartori leads the team with 16.4 points per game, while Taylor Claggett helps control the glass with a team-high 8.4 rebounds per night.