Date Fri/Sat, January 27/28
Time 6:15 p.m.
Location Saskatoon, SK
Venue Ron & Jane Graham Centre Court at the PAC
Series ('12) SSK Leads 2-0
Current Streak SSK W 2
Last Meeting Feb. 1, 2014
MRU 51 @ SSK 72
- The Huskies are a perfect 6-0 in 2017 and have won seven straight games.
- Saskatchewan continues to climb the national rankings, moving up one spot this week to No. 9 in the U SPORTS Top 10.
- Saturday night, Huskie Athletics hosts the Kids Takeover Night. Saskatoon and area youth will take part in the operations of this kids themed night featuring fun and activities for the whole family.
- Saskatchewan sits atop the Canada West RPI standings. The top 12 teams will make the post-season and be seeded by RPI.
- The RPI is calculated by: 25% team winning percentage, x 1.2 away win + 0.8 home win, 50% opponents' average winning percentage and 25% opponents' oppontent average winning percentage.By The Numbers
By The Numbers
5.16 - Sabine Dukate has been dishing out dimes in 2017. Dukate has averaged 5.16 assists in her last 6 games.
6.8 - The Huskies are first in the Canada West knocking down an average of 6.8 three pointers per game. Saskatchewan has been efficient shooting 32.9 percent from long range - 4th in the Canada West.
7 - During the Huskies current 7 game winning streak, the squad has won by a double digit margin 5 times.
9 - Megan Lindquist has recorded at least one steal in 9 of her last 10 games including four two weeks ago against Lethbridge.
Scouting The Cougars
- Mount Royal enters the weekend with some new found confidence after knocking off the UBC T-Birds in one of two games last weekend.
- Prior to the win over UBC, the Cougars had dropped nine straight games. Mount Royal is just 1-5 on the road in 2016-17.
- Becky Nash leads the Cougars averaging a double-double of 11.6 points and 10 rebounds per game.
- (More info @ mrucougars.com)