Date Fri/Sat, Feb. 3/4
Time 8 p.m.
Location Saskatoon, SK
Venue Ron & Jane Graham Centre Court at the PAC
Current Streak ALB W 1
Last Meeting Feb. 12, 2016
ALB 80 @ SSK 85
- Plenty is at stake this weekend between the two Top 10 ranked schools. Saskatchewan holds a slight edge, by .0063, over the Bears in the conference RPI rankings.
- Alberta is the third Top 10 opponent the Huskies have faced this season (UBC/CGY). Saskatchewan has posted a 2-2 record against ranked teams.
- The Huskies will celebrate the careers of seniors Matt Forbes and Trevor Severinski at Saturday's Fifth-Year Night.
- Matt Forbes was named the U SPORTS Male athlete of the week and Canada West First Star for his back-to-back double doubles last weekned.
- Saskatchewan has clinched a playoff spot this season. The Huskies can host a quarter-final series Feb. 23-26 if they finish in the top 4 of the RPI standings, or a play-in series Feb. 17-19 if seeded 5-8 in the RPI standings.
By The Numbers
3 - Matt Forbes and Shane Osayande have recorded 3 games of 20 points and 10 rebounds this season. The duo has combined to put up 13 double-doubles and have hit double-double numbers twice in the same game.
4.3 - The Huskies lead the Canada West with 4.3 blocks per game. The Huskies blocked 16 shots last weekend against MRU.
73.1 - Saskatchewan allows just 73.1 points per game (3rd) while the visiting Golden Bears allow only 72.6 (2nd).
95 - Shane Osayande has made 95 of 113 free thow attempts this season. His totals in both categories are the third most in the conference.
Scouting The Golden Bears
- The Golden Bears ended a three-game losing skid Saturday night with a victory over UFV. The Bears had lost to the Cascades a night earlier being swept by UBC the previous weekend.
- Alberta leads the conference in 3PT shooting at 41.6 percent. The Bears also lead the Canada West with 44.1 rebounds per game.
- Mamadou Gueye leads Alberta with 16.1 points per game and also leads the team on the glass with 6.4 rebounds per contest.