Athletic Financial Awards
June 1 is the deadline to apply for the following competitive entrance awards:
- Huskie Academic and Athletic Award of Excellence in Honour of Peggy McKercher, Chancellor from 1995 to 2001
- Download Application Form
Huskie Athletics Awards
View Awards List
Download application form for Dakota Dunes Casino Award in Huskie Athletics
Download application form for Jeux Canada Games Huskie Centennial Scholarship or Great Western Brewing Company Scholarship
Is there a limit to what I can receive in Athletic Financial Awards?
- Tuition and compulsory fees is the maximum amount you can receive for athletic-related awards in an academic year, including athletic-related bursaries.
- Specific awards may contain additional conditions and criteria that must be met in order to receive the award.
- Many awards, such as academic awards or awards provided by Sport Governing Bodies or the Federal and Provincial Governments, are not included within the tuition and compulsory fees maximum.
When can I receive athletic-related awards?
- You are eligible to receive an award at the beginning of your first year at a university (September) if you have a minimum entering average of 80% or equivalent.
- Thereafter, you are eligible to receive an award at the beginning of any year if you satisfy CIS academic requirements with at least a 65% average or equivalent in the preceding year.
All above guidelines are defined by CIS awarding regulations and apply to all CIS participating institutions.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Athletes are encouraged to apply for the many additional awards available outside of Huskie Athletics. See this section for more.